- Nominal capacity: 25–177Ah @ 5hr
- Available in various sizes
- Thin Plate Pure Lead Technology
- Maintenance FREE
- Up to 1200 cycles
- Single Bloc or complete set
- Full specification service available
- Replacement or New in Tank
- Fitted on or off site
- Energy Saving Chargers available for all sizes
- Plugs and topping equipment also available
The XFC bloc is a pure lead maintenance free bloc that delivers superior cycling performance (up to 1,200 cycles at 60% DOD) and very rapid recharge (less than 3 hours at 60% DOD with the matched HF charger).
XFC blocs allow freedom of use without the need for extended recharge periods and 'opportunity charging’ giving you extended availability. With the XFC bloc, you can recharge at the most convenient periods, i.e. lunch time, tea breaks and the end of shift.
As a maintenance-free battery, the level of monitoring to keep your XFC bloc working is virtually zero - with no checking of water levels and no topping up required. This battery technology gives you the availability that you require for the Cleaning Sector.
Battery construction - highly resistant to shock and vibration
Positive and Negative plates – Low impedance, high corrosion resistant, thin plate pure lead (TPPL) grid manufactured using a unique process.
Separator – Superior quality micro porous glass mat separator with high absorption and stability designed to enhance cyclic capability.
Electrolyte – High purity grade dilute sulphuric acid.
Container – Robust range of containers in ABS / PC ABS plastic.
Terminal Design – leak resistant dual seal terminal design
XFC Blocs versus Standard Flooded Batteries
|Lead-acid batteries (flooded or gel)
- Discharge to 60/80% DOD
- Recharge for 8 – 12 hours
- 1 shift per day
- Flooded batteries require regular topping-up
- Opportunity charging can be highly damaging
- Some battery technologies require a weekly equalisation charge
- Average life 600 – 1200 cycles (depending on technology)
|XFC Blocs with matched HF charger
- Discharge as required
- Recharge as and when possible
- Multi shift operation (always available)
- No topping up
- Opportunity charging suitable
- No need to carry out equalisation charges
- 1200 cycles to 60% DoD
- Can be operated at partial state of charge (PSOC)
Once we have helped you with your choice of XFC bloc, the next step is to make sure you will charge the battery correctly for the type within the time frame you have.
If you are interested in finding more about the XFC bloc solution contact us and we will get our Cleaning Sector specialist to help you.